Performing the Victony WiFi extender setup in your home is one of the best ways to gain access to a seamless and lag-free internet connection. The signals from your current router are spread throughout your house by a Victony extender. But what if the extender is unable to connect to the router? What are you going to do? No need to strain your intellect, then. In this article, we’ve covered some of the main causes of Victony extenders not connecting to routers, along with solutions. What are you waiting for then? Dig in!
Reason 1: Your WiFi Devices are Not in Range
One of the biggest reasons why your Victony extender won’t connect to the existing router is because they are placed far from each other.
To troubleshoot the issue, make sure that your wireless devices are placed in close proximity. But, not very close! Or else, it’s never too late to come across annoying technical issues.
Reason 2: WiFi Interference
If you have made the mistake of placing your Victony extender or router near electronic devices, transmitting appliances, reflexive surfaces, and metal objects, rectify it right away.
Such objects can interfere with the signals of your extender, thereby disabling it from connecting to the router. So, make sure you put your Victony extender far from things like cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, and other similar stuff.
Reason 3: Unstable Ethernet Connection
Sometimes, a weak Ethernet connection between your Victony extender and the router can also cause the issue you’re facing right now.
Check the cable connecting your devices. Is it worn out? If yes, it is recommended that you replace it with a new one.
Reason 4: Outdated or Corrupted Firmware
Verify whether the firmware of your Victony extender is running on an updated version or not. If not, you now know why your wireless devices aren’t connecting. Therefore, make sure that the firmware of your extender is updated.
If you are unaware of the process of performing Victony extender firmware update via ap.setup victony , consider following the guidelines mentioned below:
- Connect your Victony extender to the router using a cable. Don’t use a wireless connection.
- Turn on your computer and open a web browser.
- Visit the official downloads page and download the firmware file for your device.
- Unzip the firmware file and save it on your desktop or another location on your computer.
- Use the default login details to log in to your Victony extender.
- Click OK.
- Once you are on the Victony setup wizard, go to Maintenance > Firmware Update.
- Click Browser in order to select the firmware file you saved.
- Then, unzip the firmware file.
- Select Upload.
- The upgrade process will begin and get completed in some time.
Now, check whether you are able to connect your Victony extender to the router. If not, keep reading this post.
Reason 5: Technical Glitches
Did none of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips help you resolve the Victony extender not connecting to router issue? Well, don’t lose hope yet. We still have one more thing that might help you fix the issue you’re currently facing. And that is, rebooting your wireless device.
Here is how you can reboot your Victony extender:
- Disconnect all your client devices from the network of the Victony extender.
- Power off your extender and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Then, plug your Victony extender back into the electrical socket and turn it on.
Now, try to connect your Victony extender to the router. Did you get any luck this time? If not, then you are left with no other option than to reset your wireless device.
Note: Do not forget to perform the Victony extender setup once you are done restoring your device to the factory default settings.
Users configure a Victony extender in their homes in the hope of accessing a blazing-fast internet connection. However, if the extender is not connecting to the router, that hope doesn’t stay on for long. If you have also lost hope due to the same issue, following the tips mentioned above will surely help you out.