Are you frustrated because of the constant flashing of the pink light on your Netgear Orbi device? Well, you are not alone! Orbi users all across the globe are being bugged by the same issue. But, worry not! We’ve got you covered. In this post, we’ve mentioned the step-by-step guidelines that’ll help you troubleshoot the Netgear Orbi pink light issue in no time. So, read on.
Reasons Behind Orbi Pink Light Issue
There can be many reasons why your Netgear Orbi router is flashing pink:
- Your internet connection is weak.
- Your Orbi router has failed to sync with the Orbi satellite.
- The Ethernet cable that you’ve used is worn out or damaged.
- There is a connectivity issue from the side of your ISP.
- Longer hours of inactivity can also cause the pink light issue.
- Your Netgear Orbi device hasn’t been configured properly.
- Netgear Orbi firmware is crashed or outdated.
- Chances are that your Orbi device is defective.
These were some of the most frequent causes why your Netgear Orbi router is flashing pink. Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the issue and enjoy a lag-free internet.
Steps to Fix Netgear Orbi Pink Light Issue
- No Loose Cable Connections
Loose cable connections are one of the major reasons why you’re stuck with the Netgear Orbi pink light issue. Therefore, confirm that there are no loose-fitting cable connections. If any of the cables that you are using are damaged, get them replaced with new ones immediately.
- Keep the Firmware Updated
We all know to what extent an outdated firmware can go. And this leads you to another major reason why your Orbi is blinking pink. To troubleshoot the issue, upgrade the firmware of your WiFi device to its latest version.
In order to update your Netgear Orbi device, you don’t have to do much! Simply access the Netgear Orbilogin page, go to Settings > Administration, click on the Firmware Update button, and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Reduce the Distance Between Your WiFi Devices
If updating the firmware of your Orbi didn’t fix the pink light issue, then that’s probably because the distance between your WiFi devices is too much. Thus, reduce the distance between your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem.
Still can’t get rid of the Orbi pink light issue? No problem! You still have two more steps that might be of some help!
- Replace the Ethernet Cable
Is the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear Orbi router and modem worn out or damaged? If yes, then congratulations! You caught the culprit red-handed. A damaged Ethernet connection has the capability of leading you to various technical issues.
So, make sure that the Ethernet cable you’ve used to connect your WiFi devices is not just finger-tight but also damage-free.
- Reset Your Netgear Orbi Device
Did none of the aforementioned steps help you rectify the Netgear Orbi pink light issue? Well, try resetting your WiFi devices and see the results for yourself.
Here are the instructions that’ll help you restore your device to the factory default mode:
- Look for the Reset button on your Netgear Orbi device.
- Once found, press the Reset button.
- Hold on! Do not press the button with bare hands. Instead, use an oil pin.
- Release the button after some time.
Once you are done resetting your Orbi device, perform Orbi setup, and access the Orbi router login page.
In the Nutshell
We hope that the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article helped you fix the Netgear Orbi pink light issue. In case they did, feel free to leave a word of appreciation in the comments section below.