After the TP-Link extender setup, is your extender stopped working? Well, you need not stress over that. Because we are here to assist you. In this post, we will guide you step-by-step to get rid of the ‘TP-Link extender not working’ issue.
But, before that let’s make you aware of the reasons that are contributing to the issue in the first place. The reason being, knowing about the responsible factors, you’ll be able to tackle the problem easily.
Reasons Behind TP-Link Extender Not Working
Below-mentioned are the topmost reasons why your TP-Link extender is not working:
- Your TP-Link extender might be receiving a fluctuated power supply.
- You might be using a worn-out Ethernet cable to connect your extender and router.
- The extender is not placed correctly.
- The TP-Link extender has not been set up properly.
Now that you are aware of the reasons behind the ‘TP-Link extender not working’ issue, it’s time to dive deep into solve this troublemaker.
Fixed: TP-Link Extender Not Working
1. Check Cable Connections
Whenever you face the ‘TP-Link extender not working’ issue, the first thing you have to do is to check the cable connections. So, verify if the wires connected to your WiFi devices are in working condition or not. In case, you found a damaged wire, you better know what to do. Do not forget to check whether the connection is finger-tight or not.
In addition, check the wall socket using which you have powered your TP-Link extender. It is always recommended to plug the extender into a working wall socket.
2. Reboot Your TP-Link Extender
Technical glitches with your TP-Link extender can cause a temporary disruption leading to the ‘TP-Link extender not working’ issue. Although the reasons for these glitches are unknown, still you can get rid of them. All you need is to reboot your TP-Link wireless extender.
To reboot your WiFi device, switch it off and let it stay idle. When you realize that you have given enough time to your TP-Link extender, switch it on. Once done, try to access the tplinkrepeater.net page on a web browser to see if the issue has been resolved. If not, then give the next troubleshooting hack a shot.
3. Relocate Your TP-Link Extender
Another factor that can make your TP-Link extender non-functional is its improper location. Chances are that you have placed your WiFi device in dead zones. So, we suggest you relocate your extender as soon as possible to get the issue resolved. Keep the following points in mind while changing the location of your extender:
- Keep your TP-Link extender in an airy room to prevent overheating.
- Do not place your TP-Link extender near the WiFi interference devices like Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, refrigerators, microwave ovens, etc.
- Avoid placing your TP-Link extender near the reflexive surfaces and metal objects. They can also create WiFi signal interference.
- Maintain a safe distance between your TP-Link extender and the router. It means, neither too close nor too far. This is because placing them too close can result in a clash of their WiFi signals. While placing them far from each other will make it difficult for the extender to detect the router’s signals.
- Placing the TP-Link extender in the center of a room will expand its WiFi signals in each and every corner of the home.
4. Set Up Your TP-Link Extender Properly
Do the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks fail to resolve the issue for you? It seems that you have performed partial TP-Link extender setup. Therefore, the last resort you have left is the TP-Link extender reset. For this, ensure that the power LED on your extender is glowing green. Now, look for the Reset button and press it with a sharp object. Once you release the button, your TP-Link extender will get restored to its factory default settings.
This time you will surely be able to do away with the issue. So, reconfigure your TP-Link extender by accessing tplinkrepeater.net
‘TP-Link extender not working’ issue can turn your internet experience awry. So, we highly advise you to fix it with the troubleshooting tips discussed in this article. If you found this write-up helpful, drop a word of appreciation in the comment section.