After the Wavlink Wifi extender setup, are you facing the wireless range extender blinking red light issue?
If you are looking for a permanent solution to troubleshoot the Wavlink extender red light issue, congratulations! You’re in the right place! This post will teach you some tricks to fix the problem when you see a red light. Keep reading to find out more.
Reasons Behind Wavlink Extender Red Light Issue
There are various reasons causing the Wavlink extender’s LED to blink red. A few of them have been outlined below:
- You haven’t placed your wireless range extender at the right location.
- Multiple devices are connected to the network of your Wavlink extender.
- Your device is not receiving an uninterrupted power supply from the wall outlet.
- The signals of your extender are getting interrupted or blocked.
- You haven’t properly configured your Wavlink range extender.
If your Wavlink extender is running on an outdated firmware version, then also you can come across the red light issue.
Now that you are familiar with the factors contributing to the Wavlink extender light issue, let’s dig a little deeper and learn how to troubleshoot it.
How to Fix Wavlink Extender Red Light Issue?
Basic Troubleshooting Hacks
a) Relocate Your Extender
Check the position of your Wavlink wireless range extender. Make sure that it is placed away from baby monitors, cordless phones, mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, televisions, washing machines, treadmills, etc. Also, avoid placing your WiFi extender in corners or near thick concrete walls.
b) Check the Power Supply
Make sure your Wavlink extender is getting the right power from the wall outlet. If it isn’t, that is probably because the wall socket is damaged. To troubleshoot the issue, either get your current wall outlet fixed or plug your extender into a different one.
c) Perform Wavlink Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Wavlink range extender to the latest version can also help you troubleshoot the red light issue.
In order to update the firmware of your device, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser. Make sure that your browser is running on an updated version. Apart from that, also ensure that its cache, cookies, and browsing history are cleared.
- Once assured, type 192.168.10.1 in the URL bar of your browser.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the Wavlink extender administrative page.
- When prompted, input the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- On the Wavlink Genie dashboard, head over to the Settings menu.
- Under Administration, click Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
After updating the firmware of your Wavlink range extender, check whether you are able to get rid of the red light issue or not. If not, take the help of the advanced troubleshooting tips mentioned below.
Advanced Troubleshooting Hacks
a) Reboot Your Wavlink Extender
You can try rebooting your Wavlink wireless range extender in order to get rid of the red light issue. Here is how you can get on with the process:
- Disconnect your extender from the router.
- Power off your Wavlink extender and unplug it from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Then, plug your extender back into the wall socket and turn it on.
In this manner, you will be able to get your Wavlink range extender a proper restart.
b) Perform Factory Default Reset
If none of the aforementioned tips were able to help you get rid of the Wavlink extender red light issue, then it is recommended that you reset your wireless device. Wondering how to do that? Well, go through the below-mentioned guidelines:
- Look at all sides of your extender in order to search for the Reset button.
- Once found, carefully press it using a pin-like object.
- Next, wait for some time.
When your extender resets, reconfigure it by accessing the wifi.wavlink.com setup wizard.
Troubleshooting the Wavlink extender red light issue is not that difficult. However, many users face issues while doing so. If you don’t want to have the same fate, consider following the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post. They will surely help you say good bye to the red light issue.