The Netgear Nighthawk app has made it easier for users to manage their Netgear WiFi extenders. Using the Nighthawk app, users can perform EAX20 Netgear Extender Firmware Update, set parental controls, manage traffic on the EAX20 extender, update firmware, and do much more. The paramount advantage of the Nighthawk app is that it supports both Android and iOS devices. In this article, we will shed light on the steps to perform Netgear EAX20 extender firmware update using the Nighthawk app. So, let’s start.
Update Firmware via Nighthawk App
Netgear regularly releases firmware for its WiFi devices for their optimum performance. However, if you don’t update the firmware of your extender, then it won’t function to its complete potential. Also, performing extender firmware update will add new features to your WiFi device and prevent it from vulnerabilities. Thus, you should never ignore whenever a new firmware is available for your Nighthawk EAX20 extender.
Following is the breakdown of steps to perform firmware update using the Netgear Nighthawk app:
Power Up Your EAX20 Extender
- Switch on your wireless EAX20 extender by connecting it to a power source.
- Allow the power LED on your Netgear WiFi EAX20 extender to glow solid green.
Connect Your EAX20 Extender And Router
- After powering up your extender, it is time to connect it with the router.
- Therefore, pick an Ethernet cable and connect your WiFi devices with its help. Make sure that the connection is accurate and precise and the Ethernet cable is damage-free.
Download the Nighthawk App
- Now, unlock your phone and go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for the Nighthawk app and download it on your mobile device.
- Once the installation finishes, launch the app by tapping its icon.
Log in to Your Extender
- Create your Netgear account by providing the required details.
- Thereafter, you will be prompted to log in to your extender.
- So, type the default username and password of your EAX20 extender into their respective fields.
- Tap the Log In button.
Upgrade Nighthawk EAX20 Extender Firmware
- The Netgear Genie dashboard will be displayed.
- Now, locate the EAX20 extender Settings page.
- Once there, scroll down and tap the Check for Updates option.
- If a new firmware is available for your extender, tap Update.
Note: Once the firmware update process starts, do not turn off your Netgear EAX20 extender or run any background activity on your mobile device. Doing this may corrupt your EAX20 extender’s firmware.
In this manner you can update the firmware of your range extender via Nighthawk app. However, you can also use this app to perform the Netgear ex2700 setup.
Although the firmware of the Netgear EAX20 extender can be easily updated using the Nighthawk app, still some users face difficulties while doing so. To ensure that you are not one of them, keep the following points in mind:
- Do not proceed with the firmware update process until the power LED on your EAX20 extender stabilizes.
- Avoid plugging your Netgear WiFi EAX20 extender into a short-circuited wall plug.
- Make sure to enter the default login credentials carefully. The reason being they are case-sensitive and if you enter them incorrectly, you’ll be stuck amidst the firmware update process.
- Place your Netgear extender away from WiFi interference devices. These devices include cordless phones, microwave ovens, refrigerators, etc.
- Disable all proxy and VPN apps until the extender firmware update process completes.
- Lastly, do not update your EAX20 extender’s firmware without performing Netgear Nighthawk setup properly.
A firmware provides network protocols and administrative controls to your Netgear EAX20 extender. Thus, follow the aforementioned handy guide and update your EAX20 extender’s firmware using the Nighthawk app. If you found the article helpful, then don’t forget to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.